A fabulous game called “Love”*

as a child
my parents used to play
this fabulous game:
although the aim
is still unknown 
the game arrived 
to their relationship
as a forgotten quarter does
on an empty street
in Mexico City
it seemed to say:
hey!
are you going to grab me or what?
I have been here all day
and I just wanna go back home
I´m so fucking tired.

back then, dad
pretended to send money
-instead of love-
to mom´s debit card.
the nearest ATM machine
was about an hour away
so we used to cross
the whole town
in our 1970 VW beetle
just to find
that there was no money
or love
or anything else
inside 
mom´s card
mom
dad´s lover
or the neighbor’s dog.

I felt so sad
I just wanted a new pair of socks,
a green pencil
and, perhaps
a tiny little fish
whose love
wouldn’t leave
my hands. 
_____________________________
*Bonus track de la edición traducida de Un rezo para mi padre

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Introducción/ bienvenida

Mi nombre es Sebastián Barriga González. Algunas veces soy Ananías Panaj, otras, el señor Bargasebia. Por las noches, me gusta pensarme com...